top of page

Food Importation into the U.S.


FDA Food Import Services

The importation of food and beverage products into the United States is regulated by FDA in addition to U.S. Customs requirements. Food products are mainly classifed in catagories such as Live, Frozen, Dried and Preserved with the FDA and each has it's own special requirements to import. All food manufacturers in which the importer purchases the food from must be FDA registered, in addition to the importer which may also required FDA registration before importing. 

ACCB is experienced and knowledgeable in the importation of food products ranging from fresh fruits and vegetables, to frozen or canned food products. The importation of food products are regulated by the FDA and also other government agencies such as USDA or Fish and Wildlife may be applicable depending on your product.

If you are planning to import food products into the United States, please contact us directly in advance as the typical time to register your food manufacturer and importer with FDA may take 2-3 weeks. Depending on your product, other special import permit or license may be required with USDA and or Fish and Wild Life. 

We provide FDA, USDA, FWS declarations and clearances for these Partnered Government Agencies in addition to filing your U.S. Customs Entry. 

Basic requirements to Import Food Products

1. Manufacturer's food facility must be registered with the FDA

2. Ingredients of processed food products must be safe for consumption. Any ingredients deemed unsafe will be detained at port.

3. Vegetable, fruits or plant based food products will require USDA Import License or Permits

4. Food product labeling must be compliant with FDA guidelines  

5. Proper shipping documentation and certificates must be provided at time of entry as per guidelines of the FDA,USDA or FWS. 

FDA Import Services Provided 

  • FDA Food Facility Registration

  • FDA Importer DUNS Registration 

  • FDA Product Code assistance 

  • Import Document Requirements

  • FDA, USDA, FWS Declaration 

  • FDA Labeling Services

  • FDA Food Facility Registration Renewal

  • USDA Import License and Permits

  • Customs Clearance

  • FDA Clearance

bottom of page